We all know how good turmeric is for us. It’s anti-inflammatory and a potent antioxidant.
It’s also been reported to help prevent cancer, reduce risk of heart attacks, keep dementia at bay, improve digestion and boost immunity.
Plus, doesn’t it just taste AMAZING?! But how do you get more of it in your diet?
Here are my 5 favourite ways to eat more turmeric
- Make yourself a Golden Latte. There is something just so COMFORTING about cradling a mug of this. Great to have at bedtime too. I either make mine from scratch (find my recipe here) or if I’m a bit time-poor, I use a blend that you just add to warm milk. My fave is Golden Grind from thewellnest.com.au as it has no sweetener.
- Add some Mojo Tumeric Tonic Kombucha to your weekly grocery shop. So delish, totally refreshing and while you’re getting your turmeric boost, you’re also delivering billions of healthy bacteria to your gut. Available from Woolworths.
- Get rolling – my Golden Balls make it in to my top 3 of bliss balls. They are delicious and one of the most popular recipes on the blog, making it on to pinterest boards around the globe. Give them a go, they’re so zingy!
- Add some to your salad! I make a yummy salad dressing that adds a dose of extra goodness to my bowl. Juice of one lemon, teaspoon of grated ginger, teaspoon of grated turmeric, black pepper and olive oil. Try it, it’s super yum.
- Drink yourself well with my fave Immunity Elixir. You can tell that every gulp is doing you good, I make this at the first sign of a cold and it gives my immunity a super boost. Recipe below.
Tumeric Immunity Elixir
Juice of one orange, half a lime, half a lemon
1-2 teaspoons manuka honey (or even just raw organic honey)
Finely grated ginger and tumeric, between 1 and 3cm of each
Heat all the ingredients gently over a low heat.
Pour into a mug, then sip and enjoy.