Ummmmm, just how amazing does this Chocolate Celebration Cake look? Get in my belly!!
It’s one of the special recipes from Sam Wood’s 28 Program. So yes, you can indulge (sensibly) whilst sorting out your health. Love it.
Thanks, Sam, for donating the recipe, you sure know the way to a chocoholic’s heart.
- 200g 85% dark chocolate block
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup rice malt syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup almond meal
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husk
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 4 medium eggs
- 1 tablespoon coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup quinoa flour sifted
- Preheat oven to 160 C. Grease and line a 23cm round cake tin.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate with the coconut oil, rice malt syrup and peanut butter and stir until well combined. Remove from heat, add vanilla and set aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the almond meal, psyllium husk, quinoa flour and cacao powder. Add the chocolate mixture to the the dry ingredients and stir well to combine.
- Separate eggs and add egg yolks one at a time to the cake mixture. Place egg whites in a separate mixing bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Carefully fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture until just combined.
- Pour into prepared cake tin and bake for 30 minutes or until just firm. Remove from tin and allow to cool on rack. Once cake has cooled, sprinkle coconut flakes over the top for serving.
- Energy: 86kj
- Calories: 97cal
- Protein: 76g
- Fibre: 03g
- Fat: 54g
- Saturated Fat: 13g
- Carbs: 92g
- Sugar: 77g
About Sam Wood
Fitness expert Sam Wood is changing people’s lives. Founder of Gecko Sports for kids, owner of The Woodshed fitness destination in his hometown of Melbourne, and creator of 28 by Sam Wood, Sam is responsible for helping Aussies get their fit on and sort their nutrition out.
28 by Sam Wood
A 28 by Sam Wood program now starts every Monday, so as soon as you feel motivated to join, you can hop straight in. Covering training (28 minutes for 28 days), nutrition and mindfulness, Sam is seeing some great results from his 28ers.
If you’re keen to sign on, head over to 28bysamwood.com to find out more.